Tuesday 5 July 2011

High Days and Holidays

We have just returned from a lovely week's holiday in Scotland.  Chris found us a wonderful 'home from home', with Wilderness Cottages, on the fabulous Applecross peninsula [Wester Ross].  Since words fail me when it comes to describing the beauty of this place, I thought I would let my photos do the talking for me...

Applecross Bay in the evening light

Applecross Bay in sunlight [with Skye & the Cuillins in the distance]

Butterfly Orchid

The fluttering flags of Cotton Grass

This lovely hand-carved sign caught my eye...

A very pretty Marsh Orchid

Bacon and Eggs anyone?

A beautiful day on the beach

Sleepy Head!

Applecross Walled Garden - a cultivated haven in the midst of wilderness!

A lovely corner of Applecross walled garden

Our gorgeous 'retro' cottage

A hidden cabin bedroom at the top of the stairs

The view from our cottage windows [over our own terrace on the beach]

Vintage Nautical Interior

Coffee at Shieldaig with my 2 favourite travelling companions!

Just to show that the sun didn't always shine on us!!

A river runs through it...

A mill pond at Lochcarron

No comments:

Post a Comment