Wednesday 3 August 2011

So Very Glamorous!

I have always loved this picture of my parents.  Taken at a New Year's party, they look so glamorous, almost like movie stars.  Just look at those adoring looks my Father is giving my Mother!  She died a few years ago and I miss her dreadfully, but I think this picture shows her exactly the way she would like to be remembered... sophisticated, girl about town, worshiped by her dashing young fiance/husband [I am not quite sure whether they were married or not at this point].

She was an amazingly strong and fearless woman and, whilst we didn't always see eye-to-eye [this coming from another strong-minded woman], she was the glue that kept our family together and we have all been a little lost, my Father most of all, since she left us.




No comments:

Post a Comment